Is sitting all day the new "smoking"?
Over 75% of the American workforce is now working at sedentary jobs. CNN.com published an article with the title “sitting will kill you even if you exercise.” Get your attention? In addition, The World Health Organization has identified physical inactivity as the fourth leading risk factor for global mortality.
So what can we do when we are at work and sitting for the majority of the time?
The standing workstation/desk may not solve all of our inactivity issues but may be an approach that will certainly help.Adjustable Mobile Laptop Computer Standing Desk[
PROS & CONS:
- Standing just a few hours each day will burn about 200 calories
- You are building muscle and will feel stronger
- Your energy level will increase and you become more alert
- Standing will help with your mid-afternoon slump when you are feeling tired and may feel the need to reach out for that cup of coffee or chocolate bar
- Legs, knees and hips may get tired; however, there is always the option to SIT!
- High heel shoes may no longer be an option when standing for long periods of time
- Just like constantly sitting can cause bad posture, standing can also lead to bad posture as your legs and back get tired
There is not one full proof solution; however, if we all follow the “everything in moderation” rule, Standing Workstations/Desk will more than likely improve our overall health and promote ongoing wellness.
Visit yourofficeguys.com, an on-line shopping site offering a great selection of Standing Workstations/Desks as well as Ergonomic Office Chairs. Also, Free Shipping on all orders large or small and a very generous policy. Our goal is to provide unique products, great quality, competitive pricing and most of all EARN YOUR LOYALTY!!!